- Showell Styles. Snowdonia National Park.
Webb & Bower Publishers Ltd, Exeter, 1987.
- Snowdonia National Park. Snowdonia
National Park Authority, undated.
- Going, Going, Gone (end of a Farming
Family in Lake District). NFU Countryside Magazine,
- Assembly 99: Election Manifesto.
Farmer’s Union of Wales, 1999, 10pp.
- Welsh Agricultural Statistics 1998.
Government Statistical Service. Welsh Office, HMSO,
- Farming Facts and Figures, Wales 2000.
The National Assembly for Wales, 5pp.
- Pounds, Shillings and Sense (decline of
Rural Villages). NFU Countryside Magazine, August
- Farming in Crisis - Why farming’s
crisis matters, BBC News, 24 July 1998, see
- The Guardian, Wednesday September
- Agenda 2000 CAP Reform: Proposed
Area-Based Compensation scheme for the Less Favoured Areas
(LFA). National Assembly for Wales Agriculture
Department, Nov. 1999 in Welsh and English.
- Tir Gofal Guidelines. Welsh
Office/Countryside Council for Wales, 1999. See
- A Cherished Land (booklet of
SSSI’s). Countryside Council for Wales,
- ‘A Harvest of Despair’,
Daily Mail, November 11 2000, p31.
- Hill Farms in Ever-deepening Crisis says
NFU during Welsh Visit, NFU Press Release, 6/9/99
- British milk is going down the drain.
NFU Countryside Magazine, May 2000.
- Falling Incomes Threat to Hill Farmers.
BBC News, September 1st 1998.
- New Food Marque for British Produce.
NFU Countryside Magazine, July 2000.
- Selling Wool in a Frigid Market Place.
NFU Countryside Magazine, May 2000.
- Great British Beef (BSE ban on beef on the
bone). NFU Countryside Magazine, September
- Farmland prices in Two Way Stretch (buying
out farms!). NFU Countryside Magazine, July
- D.A. Ramsay. Is there a future for the
sheep industry? Sheep Veterinary Society, Proceedings of
Meetings , 1999, Vol. 23, pp117-123.
- L.A. Stubbings. The Economics of Sheep
Production. UK Vet, 1999, Vol 4, pp65-67.
- Local Abattoirs Vital if Farmers are to
Diversify / Direct Selling is the Way Forward for Farmer /
FUW Urges Swift Action to Save Local Abattoirs. Press Release
Nos 136/137/138,FUW, 19 July 2000
- Organic Centre Wales: The focal point for
information on organic food and farming. National Assembly
for Wales, undated;
- Canada Geese: A Guide for Legal Control
Methods. DoE, 1994, 8pp.
- British Farm Standards: The Facts. NFU
Public Affairs Dept, April 2000, 4pp.
- NFU Presidents Warns of Increasing Worries
as Strong Pound Rocks Livestock Industry. NFU Press Release,
26 Jan 2000.
- Flockplan Results– Upland, Hill
& Store Lamb Finishing Systems. Market Review, Sheep
Yearbook 2000 . Meat & Livestock Commission, Appendix
B, pp50-55; Appendix D, pp74-75.
- Modulation of farm subsidies. Consultation
Document, National Assembly for Wales, Feb 2000,
Annexes A-E, pp1-12.
- NFU will battle on to secure future for
England’s Hill farmers. NFU Press
release, 2 Aug 2000.
- Dolgellau: Made of the Mountains.
Dolgellau & District Tourism & Trade Association,
- Survey of Agriculture Result for Wales.
National Assembly of Wales, 8 March 2000, 4pp.
- British Farm Standard. NFU.
- Wildlife, the law and you. Countryside
Council for Wales, 1994, 16pp.
- One Crisis, Many Culprits. BBC News, 26
- Graig Farm Organics (Llandrindod Wells,
Powys). Website: www.graigfarm.co.uk.
- Farmers join forces to beat crisis (NFU
support for Farmer Controlled Businesses). NFU Press
Release, 6 July 1998.
- Revised Scheme for Compensatory Allowances
for Less Favoured Areas in Wales. Annex 1, National
Assembly for Wales , 2000, 5 pp.
- Estimates of Farm Incomes in Wales.
Statistical Release. National Assembly for Wales, 31
Jan. 2000, 5 pp.
- Persons present 1981-1991 by Community.
Population figures, Cyngor Gwynedd (Council) website:
- Protecting our Upland Heritage. The Hill
Review, 1998. NFU publication,
- Metro, 11 September 2000.
- Farming for the Future: a Consultation
Document from the National Assembly for Wales. National
Assembly for Wales , undated, 31pp in Welsh and
- Ilbery, B. Agricultural Change in Great
Britain. Oxford University Press, 1992, 48pp.
- Raw, M. ‘AS/A-Level
Geography’, Philip Allan Updates, Deddington
Copyright (c) Gavin Duley 2000